400g pasta flour
4 eggs, room temperature
2 tbsp olive oil
200g pancetta, diced
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely sliced
300g sugar snaps, sliced
270g single cream
2 egg yolks
Coarse black pepper
1. Make the pasta dough. Add the flour to a large mixing bowl and make a dwell in the middle. Add the eggs and with a fork, start gently folding the flour into the eggs. When the dough starts to come together, use your hands to knead it to a ball. If the dough feels too dry add, a splash of cold water. Knead for 10 minutes on a surface, until the dough becomes elastic and smooth. Rest the dough covered with a kitchen towel for 30minutes in room temperature.
2. Next, roll it out using a pasta maker or a rolling pin, to about 2 mm thick. Flour generously and cut into tagliatelle ribbons and dry on a floured surface or hanging, for at least an hour.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
4. Meanwhile, start making the sauce. Add the olive oil to a large, heavy based frying pan and warm over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and stir for 3-4 minutes until brown. Add garlic, stir and add the sugar snaps and pour the single cream over.
5. Turn the heat to low, season the creamy sauce with salt and pepper and leave to cook for further 2 minutes.
6. When the water in the pot starts boiling drop the pasta in and cook for 2 minutes and using tongs, add the cooked pasta straight to the sauce without draining it.
7. Stir and shake the pan to cover all the pasta with sauce. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the eggy olks.
8. Serve with grated parmesan and sprinkling of black pepper.