4 hot cross buns
6 Purely Organic eggs
225ml double cream
120g caster sugar
1 orange, zest and juice
1, Slice the hot cross buns into 4 slices each and toast them. Butter then cut across the diagonal to make 2 triangles from each slice.
2. In a bowl whisk 3 eggs, 3 yolks, the milk, cream and 90g of sugar. Add the juice of one orange and whisk gently.
3. In a small casserole dish place the triangles of bread in an overlapping pattern to fill the dish, with the longest edge on the bottom.
4. Pour over the liquid custard mixture, then leave to soak into the bread for 15 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the top with the remaining sugar and the orange zest.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C until lightly browned and golden on top.
7. Serve on its own or with a generous dollop of cream and/or fruit.