How To Make The Perfect Purely Organic Poached Eggs - 3 Ways
Who doesn’t love a poached egg with a golden runny yolk? At Purely Organic, we know there’s nothing better than waiting for that golden gooey burst from our eggs.
Pan, egg poacher and microwave, whatever your choice is, each only takes 9 quick, easy & straightforward steps. With these steps, you can learn how to poach an egg perfectly every time! It’s okay if you don’t nail it the first time, perfection comes with practice.
The pan method, what most people use but it’s all about the simmer and a whirlpool.
- Find your pan (a deeper pan is better), a bowl and water.
- Crack a Purely Organic egg into a bowl, this makes it easier to slide into the pan.
- Bring the pan of water to simmer.
- Stir the water to create a whirlpool, this helps the Purely Organic egg white to wrap around the yolk.
- Slowly tip your Purely Organic egg into the centre.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes depending on preference.
- Spoon your Purely Organic egg out with a slotted spoon.
- Pair with whatever you fancy or try out our Spicy Crumpets recipe. ( link to recipe)
An Egg poacher for easy, perfectly formed eggs.
- All you need is an egg poaching pan, water and oil.
- Pour some water into the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add a few drops of oil in each egg cup and spread around.
- Crack one Purely Organic egg into each egg cup.
- Place the cups back into the egg poacher.
- Pop the lid back on.
- Cook for 3-4 mins.
- Tip the Purely Organic eggs out.
- Plate up and enjoy, maybe with toast if you are in a rush!
So...can Purely Organic poached eggs be made in the microwave? Yes, and here’s how you can do it.
- Grab a mug, microwave and water.
- Fill up half a mug of water at room temperature.
- Crack a Purely Organic egg into the mug of water.
- Place the mug in the microwave for 30 seconds on high.
- Take out and have a little look, you want the white to be opaque and the yolk to still be runny.
- Place back in the microwave for 10-60 seconds depending on how you like your Purely Organic eggs.
- Let the mug sit for 1 minute, this helps to soften any parts of the egg white.
- Then carefully lift your Purely Organic poached egg out, draining all excess water as you go.
- Enjoy with your favourite poached egg companion, but we’ve heard smashed avocado is the perfect combination...
And there you have it, three different ways to poach the perfect Purely Organic egg.