2 aubergines, cut into 2 cm cubes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion
50g pine nuts
1 medium size tomato
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp chilli flakes
½ lemon, juice
4 Purely Organic eggs
White wine vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 200*C. Spread the aubergines out on a lined baking tray. Drizzle and toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Put the tray in the oven and roast for 15 minutes, then add the onion and pine nuts and turn the temperature down to 180*C. Roast for further 10-15 minutes until the aubergine is cooked and soft.
2. Take the tray out of the oven and add the chopped tomato.
3. Whilst the aubergines are roasting, make the chilli yogurt. Simply mix the yogurt with the garlic powder and chilli flakes. Season with a squeeze of lemon and salt.
3. Poach the eggs. Bring a deep saucepan of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a generous splash of vinegar. Crack the eggs into small ramekins and when the water is boiling drop each of them into the pan, keeping the ramekins very close to the water. Turn the heat down and simmer for 1.5 minutes. Fish out the eggs with a slotted spoon and place them on a piece of kitchen roll.
4. Toast the crumpets and plate up your breakfast. Spoon the aubergine salad over the crumpets and place the poached egg on top. Serve with a dollop of the garlic chilli yogurt and more olive oil.