For the chicken skin:
3-4 pieces of chicken skin
oil for frying
For Egg Mayonnaise:
6 large Purely Organic eggs
4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp capers
1/4 tsp of celery salt
freshly ground black pepper
2 large handfuls of watercress
a handful of salt and vinegar or ready salted crisps
butter for spreading
4 thick slices of white bloomer bread
1. To make the chicken skin, heat a frying pan with a splash of oil on the hob over a low heat.
2. Pat the skin dry with kitchen towel and sprinkle with a little salt.
3. Spread the pieces of chicken skin flat onto the pan. Weigh it down with another pan on top to keep it compressed. Cook for 6-8 minutes. Turn the skin over and cook for a further 6-8 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer onto kitchen towel to soak up any excess oil and allow the chicken skin to crisp up.
4. In a pan of boiling water, gently lower the eggs in with a spoon to prevent the shells from cracking. Boil for 9 minutes. Remove from the pan. Run under ice cold water to halt cooking and peel off the shells.
5. Add the eggs to a bowl and mash with a fork. Stir through the mayonnaise and capers. Season with the celery salt, sea salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Mix thoroughly until well combined.
6. Take two slices of the bread, and butter them.
7. For an extra layer of flavour, you can wipe the remaining two slices of bread slices in the same pan you fried the chicken skin in.
8. Divide the egg mayonnaise onto the 2 buttered slices. Crumble the chicken skin over the egg, followed by a layer of crisps. Top with a handful of watercress, and sandwich the other slice of bread on top. Eat immediately.