180g nutty granola
30g butter, melted
660g cream cheese, room temperature
150g light muscovado sugar
4 Purely Organic eggs, room temperature, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1⁄2 lemon, juice
300g rhubarb, cut to 5 cm pieces
30g ginger, trimmed and sliced
2 limes, juiced
50g caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 160*C/140*C fan. Line a muffin tin with cases or spray/oil a silicone muffin mould.
2. Make the granola base. Add the granola to a food processor and pulse until all the bigger granola chunks are gone and the texture is crumb-like. Add the dates and butter and pulse again until all the ingredients come together.
3. Put 1 1⁄2 tablespoon of the base mix into each muffin case.
4. Make the cheesecake mix. Beat the cream cheese with muscovado sugar in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment for 2 minutes on high speed. Turn the speed down to low and gradually add the eggs and vanilla extract. Last, add the lemon juice and mix until the batter is smooth.
5. Pour the cheesecake mix over the granola base and bake for about 15-20 minutes until the tops of the cheesecakes are set. Turn the oven off and leave the tray in for 20 minutes, then take it out of the oven and let the cheesecakes cool completely before removing them from the cases. Refrigerate for another 20 minutes before serving.
6. Make the poached rhubarb. Add all the ingredients, except the rhubarb into a small saucepan. Gently and slowly bring to a boil, stir and leave to simmer for 3 minutes. Add the rhubarb and simmer to another 5minutes, until the rhubarb is cooked and tender.
7. Serve the cheesecakes topped with a spoonful of poached rhubarb.